The Ultimate Summer Salad Recipe
Summer is the time we often find ourselves eating a little less and craving more whole foods. Maybe it's because bikini season is among us, or perhaps it's our bodies’ innate craving of healthy and delicious meals. I personally like to think it is the latter.
Salads can be great lunch and dinner options for us to get food packed with vitamins and other nutritional superfood punches. But not all salads are equally healthy. Unfortunately, too many people start with the healthy base and quickly add on high calorie and sugary toppings. You know who you are!
Salads don’t need sweet sugary dressing, greasy fried toppings, and chunks of bleu cheese to taste good. I’ve indulged in the not-so-great choices, but after one or two of those salads I find that my body yearns for something fresh and natural. It's my intuition telling me that I need a bit of a cleansing detox.
Here's one simple, tasty, and whole foods-packed salad that will make you crave another one the next day!
- 2 cups of a mixed lettuce-cabbage blend (a favorite is mix of romaine and green cabbage)
- 1/4 fresh avocado, cubed
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- 1/8 cup of cut green onion
- 1/4 cup of dried berries (cranberries, cherries, blueberries… whatever you like best)
- A small handful of chopped walnuts
- About 8 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sliced cucumber
- 2 TBSP of balsamic dressing (if you want indulge, try a creamy balsamic)
Toss together and serve!
To learn more about plant-based nutrition, check out our video course The Ultimate Guide To Plant-Based Nutrition.
About the Author
19 hours, 40 minutes ago
one day, 15 hours ago
one day, 17 hours ago
2 days, 4 hours ago
2 days, 19 hours ago