Surfers have challenging beauty regimens: They're exposed to salt, wind, and sea day after day and still manage to look sun-kissed and chic.
Tia Blanco, professional surfer, vegan, and yogi, says that her No. 1 is to make sure she's eating well and getting enough plant-based protein. When asked about her three desert island natural beauty essentials, here's what she said:
- Jojoba oil is my favorite makeup and sunscreen remover.
- Use the John Masters Organics Rose Hydrating Mist throughout the day to keep moisture on my skin especially after my surf sessions.
- I use coconut oil throughout my hair, leave it in, and wash it out at night for a deep conditioning and repair.
- I made a recent discovery: I got this Awapuhi Coconut Hair Therapy Mist as a gift from my friend, and I instantly fell in love. It’s an organic spray oil, and it smells delicious and amazing.
- This sunscreen, Auctiv Organic Cocoa Face Sunscreen is a good one for hot beach days. It’s a thick sunscreen, so I can only use it on the beach, but I love how well it works, how safe it is, and the handful of ingredients in it.
- After a hot day on the beach I love to use my La Mer "The Renewal Oil." It's a splurge but feels very soothing, and I love using it before bed.