Reduce Redness With This DIY Reishi Mushroom Mask
As a trained nurse, I hear a lot about the problems of systemic inflammation, but it's often most bothersome to people when it shows up in the skin as redness, acne flare-ups, and premature skin aging. In many cases, an unexpected combination of natural ingredients applied as a mask is the ultimate solution. You're going to want to change your evening plans and give this DIY mask a try.
Inflammation-Banishing Reishi Mask
- 1 teaspoon powdered reishi mushroom
- 1 teaspoon Manuka honey, room temp
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon warm water
- Mix all ingredients together in a tiny bowl until well-combined.
- Over a sink, apply mask mixture to clean facial skin, avoiding eye area.
- Let the mask penetrate into your skin for 10 to 15 minutes
- Rinse the mask off with warm water; use a wet washcloth to remove all of the honey residue if necessary.
- Pat skin dry and apply your normal a.m. or p.m. skin care products, depending on when you decided to soothe your skin with this delightful mask.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a week to reveal calm beautiful skin.
Easy enough, right? Using this simple mask two or three times a week won't take up much of your time, and its hero ingredient, reishi, will efficiently reduce inflammation at the cellular level. Here's how.
This functional health mushroom varietal is one of the most highly studied superfoods on earth, comprised of skin-boosting nutrients that produce real results.
Reishi contains immune-boosting macronutrients called polysaccharides. These friendly sugars help prevent acne bacteria from getting cozy.
Premature skin aging
Consider this transformative inflammation-banishing reishi mask your new secret weapon. And for a complete acne skincare guide, click here. Bring on the holiday feasts, chapping winter weather—you're covered.
Ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.