It's International Yoga Day: Here Are Our Best Flows, Classes & Advice
Nowadays, we're inundated by so many extraneous holidays (National Ice Cream Day? Really?) that anything besides the national and universal holidays can seem like something to ignore. The exception to that rule is International Yoga Day, which is, as you may have guessed, today.
Yoga has long been championed as the practice and workout every person should be doing—athletes, dancers, and anyone who experiences stress. Beyond being beneficial for our flexibility, mobility, and sleep patterns, yoga can make it easier for those of us not sold on meditation (ahem, me) to enter that elusive meditative state of calm and ease. And besides, how many times a day do you consciously check in with your body and breath? Zero? Yeah, yoga makes you do that.
To honor this fateful day, we've compiled our best yoga content—from flows, to classes, to the best advice that any yogi at any level will want to hear. So take a moment, situate yourself, and check out all we've got to offer.
Our favorite yoga flows and poses.
Every yoga practice is different—the movements, the sequence, and the benefits all vary depending on the flow. Through working with experts, we've compiled a number of flows that target everything from stress to blood sugar balance. And for those days when you're short on time, we've included the best quick poses so you can still reap the benefits. To say they're worth your time is an understatement.
- 15-Minute Yoga Flow For Stress & Anxiety
- A Flow To Balance Your Blood Sugar
- If You Only Do 10 Yoga Poses, Do These
- A 10-Minute Good Morning Flow
- A 3-Minute Flow You Can Do Anytime, Anywhere
- Want To Spark Creativity & Drop All Your Stress? Do This Flow
- Bad Circulation? Try These 5 Yoga Poses
- A 1-Minute Yoga Sequence That Will Calm You Down For Bed
- Another 1-Minute Yoga Flow—This Time For Detoxing & Strength
- Low Energy? There's A 10-Minute Flow For That
- The Best Yoga Poses For Lower-Back Pain
- And Yes, Yoga Can Help You Get In The Mood For Sex
The best yoga advice out there.
It doesn't matter if you're new to yoga or came out of the womb doing warrior 2—everyone has room to expand their knowledge and improve their practice. And as we know, yoga is a full-body commitment; it requires your mind and body to be in alignment. If you're living an otherwise healthy lifestyle, practicing and progressing your yoga capabilities becomes both physically and mentally easier.
Here's some of the best advice our experts have to offer all yogis:
- 3 Simple Ways To Feel Like A Yogi (Even If You're A Beginner)
- How To Eat, Sleep & Breathe Like A Yogi
- How To Release Tension In Your Body With Yoga
- Tired Of Slipping During Yoga? Here Are Five Expert Tips To Slip-Proof Your Practice
- The Best Advice For Anyone Doing Inversions
- What You Need To Know Before Attempting Your First Handstand
- 6 Mindset Tips That All Yogis Should Know (Including Beginners)
- What You Need To Know About Practicing Yoga When You're Pregnant
- 5 Yoga Postures That Could Pose A Threat If Done Incorrectly
Classes to get you started or help you level up.
If you're serious about taking your yoga practice to the next level, working with an expert instructor is the most efficient way to do that. There's no better way to stay consistent and accountable than signing up for a class.
You can, of course, frequent a local yoga studio near you (because, yes, you do need to physically practice to get better), but if you'd rather learn on your own time, we have a number of yoga classes you can do from the comfort of your home—or wherever you can fit a mat.
However you choose to celebrate, we hope you have a lovely International Yoga Day. And if you still want more yoga content, we know where you can find it.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.