Delicious Strawberry Ice Cream (Dairy-Free Recipe)
This delicious version of strawberry ice cream gets its richness from cashew cream blended with strawberries and a banana. The sweetness comes from the natural sweetness of the fruit along with a touch of maple syrup.
Makes about three ½ cup servings
- 1 banana
- ½ cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
1. Peel and slice banana into ½ inch thick slices, and arrange on a plate with and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
2. A few minutes before the banana slices are ready to come out of the freezer, pulse cashews in a food processor into a coarse meal.
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla, and water and process further until you have a thick cashew cream. Remove cashew cream from food processor and clean food processor. (Make sure to clean out the food processor after making the cashew cream, since it’s stickiness will otherwise make the frozen strawberries and banana difficult to blend.)
4. Add frozen banana slices and strawberries and puree until well blended. Add cashew cream to the pureed fruit, and process until smooth and creamy. Store in the freezer. Enjoy!
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.