Vegan Recipe: Easy Stir Fry
This vegan stir fry is fast, simple, and can be modified to make it gluten free if you prefer not to use tempeh. You're going to make this a weeknight staple in no time!
- 3/4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 leek. White part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 block of organic tempeh, OR raw hemp hearts
- 1 cup Asian mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon organic rice wine (Mirin)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- pinch of saffron strands
In medium saucepan, heat coconut oil on medium heat.
Add leek and saute for 2 minutes.
If using tempeh, cut into squares and add to pan. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes.
Add bok choy.
Mix Mirin with turmeric and black pepper, add to saute.
Add saffron strands.
If using hemp hearts, add to saute.
Stir until heated through, serve immediately.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.