This vegan stir fry is fast, simple, and can be modified to make it gluten free if you prefer not to use tempeh. You're going to make this a weeknight staple in no time!
- 3/4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 leek. White part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 block of organic tempeh, OR raw hemp hearts
- 1 cup Asian mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon organic rice wine (Mirin)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- pinch of saffron strands
In medium saucepan, heat coconut oil on medium heat.
Add leek and saute for 2 minutes.
If using tempeh, cut into squares and add to pan. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes.
Add bok choy.
Mix Mirin with turmeric and black pepper, add to saute.
Add saffron strands.
If using hemp hearts, add to saute.
Stir until heated through, serve immediately.