Vegan Recipe: Easy Stir Fry
This vegan stir fry is fast, simple, and can be modified to make it gluten free if you prefer not to use tempeh. You're going to make this a weeknight staple in no time!
- 3/4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 leek. White part only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 block of organic tempeh, OR raw hemp hearts
- 1 cup Asian mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon organic rice wine (Mirin)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- pinch of saffron strands
In medium saucepan, heat coconut oil on medium heat.
Add leek and saute for 2 minutes.
If using tempeh, cut into squares and add to pan. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes.
Add bok choy.
Mix Mirin with turmeric and black pepper, add to saute.
Add saffron strands.
If using hemp hearts, add to saute.
Stir until heated through, serve immediately.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.