15 Reasons To Forgive Every Day

Every three months I take a 30-day yoga challenge. The challenge entails taking hot yoga classes everyday for 30 days. During the challenge, I also give myself 30 reasons to forgive.

I've picked out my 15 favorite ones:

1. I forgive because I may be disappointed, but I'm choosing to move forward with my life.

2. I forgive because where I am is exactly where I'm meant to be. I'm grateful for everything that's led up to this moment.

3. I forgive because holding onto anger is the perfect pathway to misery.

4. I forgive because I've been given a chance to learn something new, and I can only be grateful.

5. I forgive because I'm happy to have today, so there's no need to cry about or blame yesterday.

6. I forgive because time doesn't move backwards; it moves forward. What's moving forward with me?

7. I forgive because anything that's been done to me I've probably done to someone else.

8. I forgive because I won't allow someone's mistakes or behavior to be a reason for me to play the victim.

9. I forgive because any hurt or disappointment will one day be to my advantage.

10. I forgive because if I am internally fighting with someone else, I'm exhausting myself. How long can I keep fighting for?

11. I forgive because hating something means that I've chosen to hate that something.

12. I forgive because dwelling in hurt hinders my ability to love. I can't give out pure love from a hurting heart.

13. I forgive because the best way to have control over a situation is to be at peace with it.

14. I forgive because the ultimate question is, "How much time am I going to spend on something that's no longer serving me?"

15. I forgive because my future is too promising to be ruined by selfishness, worry and bitterness.

Related Posts

Sites We Love

Unlock The Healing Power Of Food

Sign up for FREE access to mindbodygreen's Functional Nutrition Webinar to learn how food can be a pathway to optimal health & wellbeing.

Your article and new folder have been saved!