5 Books to Read if You Want to Change Careers
Economy terrible? Can't stand your job? Just got laid off? Not to worry: Now is the perfect time to change careers.
Here are five great books you should read if you are looking to make a career change:
1. Second Acts by Stephen Pollan and Mark Levine
Great tales of inspirational "second acts" such as Harry Potter author, JK Rowling, and former junk-bond king, Michael Milken.
2. What Color is Your Parachute? by Richard Bolles
The classic of all classics. A must read.
3. What Should I Do With My Life? by Po Bronson
This quick-read contains 50 profiles of people who asked this very question. Some really veered away from their previous careers while others found they didn't have to.
4. Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham
First, you should probably find out what you're really good at, right?
5. Live What You Love by Bob and Melinda Blanchard
Full of common-sense and great anecdotes of how as a couple, Bob and Melinda followed their dreams and created their own businesses.