There's nothing quite like starting your day off with a healthy fix of fruits and vegetables. The benefits of smoothies are widely recognized, from weight loss to improved digestion. As part of the research for my next book, I discovered that the health benefits go much deeper. Whipping up the right smoothie ingredients can help heal the body in multiple ways.

No matter what your health goals are, adding smoothies and fresh juice into your diet can radically improve your life. I found that by drinking smoothies regularly, everything in my life improved; my skin cleared up, my weight balanced out, my mood stabilized and I had more energy throughout the day.

Whether you're looking to recover from jet lag or remove unwanted food cravings, these smoothies can help. Here are some of my favorite smoothies to get me out of any bind and help heal any situation.

Jet Lag No More Smoothie

ADVERTISEMENT

As a travel writer, I often find myself getting creative with ingredients from new countries. Traveling across multiple time zones can add stress to the body and your digestive system. If you're a frequent flyer, taking care of your digestion and adrenal glands will make for smooth sailing. This recipe can help.

• 1/2 cucumber
  • 1 stalk celery (juiced)
  • 1/2 lemon
  • 1/2 orange

Younger You Smoothie

Research shows that higher amounts of sucrose may speed up the aging process. You can satisfy your sweet tooth with all-natural sugars from these powerful fruits. These picks are packed with age-defying antioxidants.

• 1/4 pineapple (juiced)
  • 1/2 lime (fresh-squeezed juice)
  • 1 cup pear
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 cup soy milk, almond milk or coconut milk
  • 5 ice cubes

Cravings Be Gone Smoothie

Lose weight and feel great with this powerful smoothie. It's loaded with vitamin E and healthy carbohydrates, which will fill you up but not out.

• 1/2 apple (Fuji is my favorite)
  • 1/2 cup spinach
  • 2 Celery stalks
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • 1 banana
  • 5 ice cubes

Ditch the Digestion Issues Smoothie

All the ingredients combined in this power smoothie can help ease your digestion.

• 1 cup grapes
  • 1 pear
  • 1-2 kiwi fruit, peeled
  • 5 mint leaves
  • 5 ice cubes

Stress Be Less Smoothie

Carrots are loaded with magnesium (the best ingredient to fight off stress) and selenium (helps fight against infection). Chamomile and lavender can help ease the body and mind to aid in instant relaxation.

• 1/2 cup of chamomile herbal tea
  • 1/4 cup pineapple
  • 4 carrots (juiced)
  • 1 cup of pear
  • 3-4 drops of lavender tincture
  • 5 ice cubes

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com