Is Your Cellphone Killing You?
Did you know that in 2011 the World Health Organization classified electromagnetic radiation from cellphones as possibly carcinogenic to humans?
Studies show that:
1. Cellphones change the physiology of the brain. After 50 minutes of using a cellphone on or next to your ear, a healthy adult brain shows significant changes in glucose metabolism.
2. Younger, faster cells are the most vulnerable to EMF exposure. That means that sperm cells, neuronal cells, and embryonic cells are at high risk for damage.
3. Sperm count has been shown to decrease up to 30% in men who use cellphones 2-4 hours a day.
4. Prenatal exposure of cellphone exposure one hour a day damaged the hippocampal and cerebellar regions of newborn rats.
The Global Campaign for Safer Cell Phones recommends that you:
- Never hold a cellphone directly against your head or body; instead, use speakerphone or other hands-free device.
- Don't use a cellphone when it has a weak signal — your phone works harder and emits much more radiation in these instances.
- Keep cellphones away from children, pregnant bellies, and men who want to become dads — children absorb twice as much radiation as adults, and as discussed above, sperm are especially sensitive to EMF.
- Don't sleep with your cellphone — you'll be absorbing radiation all night long.