7 Ways to Follow Your Passion Fearlessly

Five years ago, I was a successful architect working in New York City when a series of events (divorce, surgery, and being run over by a car) shifted my life in a huge way. 

At that time, I didn’t understand why so many “bad things” were happening to me, but now I see this all as a miracle and the best gift I ever received.

Thankfully, my mom (who is always my guide) gave me a Soul Memory Discovery session. I knew nothing about it, but I was desperate and willing to try anything.

The idea behind this process is that our cells hold memories of everything we've ever experienced and these memories create negative and limiting beliefs, causing pain and distress in the present, unless we identify them and replace them with new, expanded beliefs.

The Soul Memory discovery process brought amazing clarity to my life: my lesson was to LOVE MYSELF.

You may be familiar with the idea of "loving yourself," but back then it was new to me. I'd gotten used to seeking love and approval in others. As a result, I wasn’t living my dreams, but doing what I thought I was supposed to do. I had a great job, and a Columbia University degree. I was married to my college boyfriend, and everything seemed to be perfect. However, I was sad and didn't feel like I had a purpose.

I was so intrigued by this whole process that I decided to train as a Soul Memory Discovery facilitator and haven’t looked back since. It was the stepping stone for me to pursue my true calling: to bring health, happiness and love to people.

I became a reiki master, yoga instructor, and finally, a holistic health coach. What was once a hobby and a dream became a reality, a way of life that felt so good.

How did I know what my calling was? By consistently spending time listening to my intuition through Soul Memory Discovery sessions, yoga, reiki, meditation and journaling, basically, by nourishing my spirit.

How did I get over my fear? I was so scared that at first I couldn’t even talk about the fact that I was a spiritual healer. I also believed that being a yoga instructor wasn’t a true profession that would provide a steady income.

Nonetheless, the calling was so strong that I just practiced and I saw how the work healed people in incredible ways, so Ifocused on that. I kept choosing to listen to my intuition, follow my practices, and live my life with integrity and purpose. Does fear still creep in? You bet it does, but now I do much better at keeping it at bay.

I’d like to share some suggestions with you on how to follow your passion and live your dreams:

1. Have a daily meditation and/or spiritual practice.
  2. Journal or write morning pages.
  3. Eat to nourish your soul so that you can hear your intuition when she speaks to you.
  4. Surround yourself with people who are your role models.
  5. Get reiki or other energy healing treatments.
  6. Use oracle cards to set an intention for your day and receive guidance.
  7. Spend time daily visualizing, imagining, affirming in your mind what you want to create for your life.

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!