Make A Fertility Smoothie With This Recipe
In my work as a doula and pregnancy coach, the first thing I do to prep someone for pregnancy is pull unhealthy food items out of the diet. Then, slowly, I begin adding healthy foods back in.
A gardener always gets the soil as healthy and nourished as it can be before planting precious seeds and plants. The healthier the soil, the more healthy and vibrant those seed and plants will grow. Our bodies are similar—the healthier our bodies are before pregnancy, the better the environment is to maintain a healthy pregnancy and support a flourishing child.
Whenever my clients are looking for a simple, and delicious meal, I recommend this smoothie. The range of ingredients and supplements may help support a mother's overall health, and therefore the health of the baby.
Fertility Smoothie Recipe
- Mixed organic berries, frozen.
- Plant-based milk of your choice.
- Protein powder (look for something free of additives).
- 2 shots of wheatgrass
- Maca root powder
- Acai or goji berries
- Mixed greens powder
- Royal Jelly (don't add if you're allergic to bees).
- Bee pollen (don't add if you're allergic to bees).
- Liquid omegas or coconut oil
Mix all ingredients together in a blender. Depending upon desired thickness, use more or less milk to get the consistency you like.
Why I chose the ingredients for this smoothie recipe.
I specifically selected a number of ingredients for this fertility-enhancing smoothie, based on their potential health benefits:
- Maca root: May bring hormones into balance. May also increase sex drive, vitality, and energy.
- Royal Jelly: May balance sex hormones, including estrogen levels in women and testosterone levels in men.
- Bee Pollen: Contains high levels of vitamins and nutrients. May regulate ovarian functioning (according to some animal studies), which can help produce healthy eggs and therefore increase fertility. More research is needed to confirm these claims. Plus, it's known as a natural aphrodisiac.
- Protein powder: Repairs and builds healthy muscles.
- Fish oils: May help manage mood, lower inflammation in the body, may increase blood flow to the uterus, promoting a regular menstrual cycle, ovulation, and may lead to a better pregnancy outcome.
- Wheatgrass: Can help with the nourishment of humans through its antioxidants, which help fight free radicals, oxidative stress, and disease management.
- Greens, berries, and acai: Diets rich in fruits and vegetables have shown improved fertility in women and higher semen quality in men.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.