5 Tips To Radically Change Your Life

I was a rigid, well-paid corporate road warrior who hid behind numbers and airplanes to avoid vulnerability and love. Over the past few years, I did a complete 180, shed my tough exterior, and found a woman who wants to help others. It may seem out of the norm, and yet I know that many people out there are yearning to find themselves, to discover a perfectly imperfect person wanting to shine. Here are some tips that helped me along my journey, and I hope they can help you as well. 

1. Surround yourself with like minds. 

When you're in a state of transition, acknowledge that you're evolving and leaving behind a version of your former self. Let’s face it, this can feel lonely! You wake up and your partner no longer suits you, or friends don’t fit with the person you are becoming...

Now what?!

Put your energy out there, do things that make you feel good (yoga, cooking class, tai chi) and you WILL attract like minds. I am grateful to have met some amazing like-minds right here through the MindBodyGreen community!

2. Clear the emotional garbage from your chakras. 

When you're transforming, destructive emotions and belief systems can rear their ugly heads. You may feel fearful, unsafe, or unworthy. See such feelings as an opportunity to release old gunk that no longer serves you. You can get rid of all of this emotional sludge through a chakra-clearing practice. When you do that, you create space for positive thoughts and feelings, which allows you to embrace the uncertainty of what’s next.

3. Intention + Attention = Manifestation

Now that you've taken out your energetic trash, set intentions on where you want to go next. This does NOT mean sit on your couch eating kale chips and setting intentions all day. You need to get your tail out there and take actions that align with your intentions!

In a career transition? Talk to everyone you know who does the job you are targeting and see if that’s something that would be a good fit for you. Looking for a new place to live? Get out there and explore!

4. Remember: You don't need to figure it all out it one day. 

Society programs us to have a strict regime: work, gym, home, repeat. In the midst of your life change, try to embrace the idea of going with the flow. Know that the path you set out on today may evolve and grow as you do and that’s totally OK! Rome was not built in a day and the same goes for the next chapter of your life.

5. Eat your veggies. 

No matter how exciting the idea of transition can be, it can be super uncomfortable to be in limbo! Feeling uncomfortable may make us want to leave our bodies for awhile by, say, going on a sugar binge. (Not that I would know what that’s like :) So ground yourselves, my friends—and eating food from the ground will help you do that! Veggies, veggies and more veggies!

I hope those of you in transition know that you're not alone and you're really going to be OK, although I know at times it may not feel like it.

I'd love to get a people-in-transition shout out from those who have been or are going through a transition. What worked for you?

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!