17 Simple Tips To Detoxify Your Life
Your environment is one of the greatest factors in shaping the health of your hormones and thus your overall health. Sadly, our environment is loaded with synthetic chemicals such as pesticides and BPA, which can wreak havoc on your hormones. Some of these toxins can actually mimic the role of estrogen in our bodies, leading to an array of unwanted complications, such as hormone related cancers and infertility.
There are simple changes that we can make to our diet and lifestyle to reduce our environmental load and which will help us achieve optimal health.
Here are just a few easy ways to detoxify your environment:
1. Invest in a good quality, plumbed-in water filter.
2. Use a stainless steel water bottle rather than a plastic bottle.
3. Buy organic whenever possible. When that's not possible, always wash or peel fruit and veggies to remove pesticides.
4. Instead of deep-frying, opt for steaming or grilling.
5. Buy drinks in glass rather than plastic containers or cartons. (And recycle them!)
6. Rearrange your daily schedule to minimize time spent in traffic.
7. Drink alcohol infrequently.
8. Avoid medical drugs whenever possible unless they're the only option for treating illness. Instead, try to source the underlying cause with the help of a nutritionist or holistic doctor.
9. Switch to natural detergents for household cleaning.
10. Reduce your intake of meat, dairy and fatty foods—when eating meat—always choose organic grass fed meat.
11. Do not heat foods in plastic.
12. Minimize your exposure to foods in plastic—use paper bags to store your cut up fruit and veggies.
13. Avoid canned fruit and veggies.
14. Use an aluminum-free natural deodorant.
15. Cut back on your use of perfume. When you do spritz, spray on your clothes rather than on your skin.
16. Don't fake tan!
17. Choose natural skin products where you can.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.