So, we all do it sometimes... Drink too much, binge on a little too much food, and take it a bit too far some nights and weekends. As much as we intend to have just one glass of wine, sometimes it all goes awry.
I remember the days of being able to go for days on very little sleep, drinking my way through it all, and feeling great.
How times have changed! Nowadays, I feel like a toxic mess after too much booze. Like I've poisoned myself. There are a few reasons for this: (1) I'm getting older, (2) I binge and drink too much, and (3) My body has become used to feeling good and healthy and completely punishes me when I abuse it.
As I've stopped drinking in the week and often go weekends without drinking, when I do have a few, it really hurts me the next day. I feel so dehydrated and flat, demotivated to do anything, and generally sorry for myself. I believe this is quite a common feeling among most of my friends, too?
If you're going to drink, here are my tips to minimize the pain: