Dr Oz's Summer Diet Tips (Video)
Dr Oz was on GMA this morning and said people have a better chance of weight loss success during the summer. Intrigued? Here's a summary of Dr Oz's reasons why it's easier to lose weight in the summer, his summer diet tips, fat burning foods, and the GMA video:
Why it's Easier to Lose Weight in the Summer:
- Increased Sunlight... More sunlight means increased serotonin levels. Increased serotonin can decrease some people's need to eat. Also, people tend to eat less in hot weather.
- It's Easier to Eat Healthier... In the summer there is an abundance of low-cost, seasonal, and healthy foods.
Dr. Oz's Favorite Fat-Burning Summer Foods: Okra, Broccoli, Asparagus, Cucumbers, and Peaches.
Get Your Vitamin C: Dr Oz says it's an essential fat burner and loves grapefruit and bell peppers as a source.
3 More Tips from Dr. Oz to Lose Weight This Summer:
- Keep the windows open, let the sun shine in. Light environments reduce your appetite.
- Keep your center table filled with fruits and not flowers. A study actually found that overweight people who sniffed fruit before a meal lost an average of 5 pounds per month, while those who sniffed flowers before a meal tended to eat more.
- Use colored serving dishes or bowls. Seeing food is tempting and a new study found that "women ate 71 percent more from transparent containers than they did from opaque ones."
Here's the video: