Change Your Life To Get Healthy And Feel Great
Is it your goal to be healthy and feel great? It is for most people, but often we try to tackle way too much instead of chipping away at smaller, more attainable goals. Trying to take on too much at once can often lead to failure and frustration, and eventually it may cause you to give up. On the other hand, being consistent with small steps can help you reach big milestones slowly but surely.
Whether your goal is weight loss, becoming better at an activity, or just switching to a healthier lifestyle, taking things step by step is key. Once you get comfortable with one of your new steps, you can move on to the next. Here are eight ideas to get you started on a healthier path this spring!
1. Set your alarm for 30 minutes earlier than your usual wakeup time and use the extra time to do an activity like yoga, go for a walk, jog, or bike ride.
2. Eliminate one food from your diet that’s bad for you, but you have a hard time staying away from.
3. If you eat meat, try eating vegetarian just one day a week. Once you're comfortable with one day, move to two.
4. Dedicate one day a week as a “no media” week. No TV, no computer, no cell phones. Go outside, take a walk, read a book, have a nice conversation with a family member in person.
5. Take five minutes out of your day to meditate and focus on your breath. When you're comfortable with that, increase the time.
6. Drink a homemade fresh fruit and vegetable smoothie daily to increase your intake of fruit. They take less than five minutes to prepare and make a great meal or snack.
7. Cut down on alcohol. One or two drinks is ok, but beyond that it's just excess calories. It also impairs your judgment, making those cookies seem a lot more tempting.
8. Write down five things you're grateful for every day. You’ll realize how good you have it.
Always remember to be happy and congratulate yourself for every small feat along the way. You don’t reach your goals overnight; it takes consistently showing up, dedicating yourself, and doing something every day to reach your ultimate goal.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.