The campaign was started by The Beauty Bean's Alexis Wolfer (pictured makeup free, right), who says, "I want women to feel uncomfortable in makeup again, but I do want them to feel comfortable without it again. I want us all to be able to look in the mirrors without a swipe of blush or lip gloss and appreciate our natural beauty."
Sound good to you? Here are six simple ways to get involved:
1. Don’t wear makeup on Mondays (or use less for those who need to do this in baby steps).
2. Stop apologizing for not wearing makeup, no matter what day of the week it is.
3. Organize official Makeup Free Mondays at your school, place of employment or with your friends.
4. Encourage conversations about real beauty and better body image within your own families and friendships.
5. Share your makeup free photos with The Beauty Bean via Facebook and on Twitter with the hash tag #MakeupFreeMondays.
6. Donate unopened and unexpired makeup to your local women’s shelter, Dress for Success chapter or similar women’s program. Though The Beauty Bean focuses on inner beauty, we know that the confidence a polished look can give is something all women deserve.
If you or your businesses are participating in Makeup Free
Email a picture to RealBeauty@TheBeautyBean.com, post a picture on The Beauty Bean's Facebook Fan Page or Tweet using the hash tag #MakeupFreeMondays