3 Beauty Products You Can Make At Home This Weekend

Make a date with yourself this weekend and show a little love. While there are some products that I leave to Pangea to curate for me there are others that I enjoy making on my own and here's why:
  • I know exactly what goes in each product.
  • I can pronounce all of the ingredients.
  • It saves me buckets of money.
Try one or two or all of these out this weekend and start living a naturally beautiful life.

Scalp Treatment
  • 4 Tbsp. coconut or jojoba oil
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice 
  • 1 Tbsp. grapefruit juice
  • 3-4 drops rosemary oil (optional)
Rosemary is great for treating dry scalp, and helps stimulate hair growth.

Makeup Remover

Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup aloe vera water
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Sealable container
  • Cotton pads
Directions: 

Pour aloe vera water into container first, then pour in olive oil. The olive oil will rest on top of the water. Seal container and shake shake, shake, señora. You'll want to do this every time you use the product, as the ingredients will separate. 

Soak cotton pad with mixture and gently press it over your eye. Hold for a few seconds and then gently wipe away. Continue for your whole face. The mixture should feel greasy; if it's too greasy, add more aloe vera water.

Bath Salt

Ingredients:
  • 4 c. sea salt
  • 1 c. Epsom salt
  • 1 c. baking soda
  • 3/4 c. dried calendula or citrus rind
  • 3/4 tsp. grapefruit or bergamot essential oil
Directions:

Combine salt and baking soda. Mix a cup of the salt and baking soda mixture with your essential oil and add back to larger mixture. 

Add calendula or citrus rinds. Get a sitter, send the partner out for playtime with friends, light some candles, draw your bath water and settle in for a night of awesome you time.

Toothpaste

Ingredients:
  • 3 Tbls. coconut oil
  • 3 Tbls. baking soda
  • Hydrogen peroxide
  • Glycerin
  • Xylitol or Stevia (optional)
  • Essential Oil; Not all oils are meant to be ingested. Talk to your supplier for more information.
Directions:

Soften the coconut oil, add 5 drops peroxide and 3 drops glycerin. Add this mixture to the baking soda. 

Add about 25 drops of peppermint oil. Taste your mixture. Do you want it to be mintier? Add more peppermint oil. Not sweet enough for your taste buds? Add more glycerin OR add sweetener such as Xylitol or Stevia.

Store in an airtight container and dip toothbrush in when ready to wash those pearly whites.

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

Explore More