Piggybacking off of that topic, my question for you is: what’s your story?
Is your personal narrative an empowered one, or could it use some refining? What narrative do recount each and every day? What do you believe about yourself and how you relate to the world around you? Does it serve you?
If you often come down hard on yourself or entertain negative beliefs about yourself, consider recreating your personal narrative into an optimistic, positive, and empowered one.
1. Optimism positively influences the course and experience of pain.
2. Positive thinking allows you to cope better with stress.
3. An optimistic outlook improves your immunity.
4. Positive people have a lowered risk of cardiovascular disease and depression.
5. Optimism is associated with increased longevity.
6. Positive thinking increases resilience and helps you overcome adversity.
Not every story has to start happy, but reframing our personal narrative and sculpting it into an empowered one can propel us to overcome adversity and live happier, healthier lives.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com