3 Easy Ways To Add Kombucha To Your Diet
Hello, kombucha! I admit I did not love it the first time I gave it a shot a few years back. Since those days, kombucha has come a long way. There are so many great flavors on the market, and it's so easy to make at home. I've found some surprising ways to add it into my daily diet, while making it fun for the family as well. Kombucha is full of probiotic benefits which help aid the body in digestion and boost immunity.
Here are three fun treats you can easily include in your daily routine:
1. Use kombucha as a substitute for vinegar in your salad dressing.
I have even used kombucha with chia seeds in it for extra texture and flavor. Simply mix it with your other favorite ingredients, such as olive oil, spices, etc., and you have a great-tasting, healthy dressing.
2. Use it as a marinade for fish and meats.
It can replace cider vinegars for the marinade process, making cuts of meat juicier and more flavorful and adding zing to your fish dishes.
3. Kombucha can be blended with fruit or juice and made into frozen treats.
Just take your favorite fruits, blend with kombucha and pour into popsicle trays. You can also use ice cube trays and create fun ice cubes for adding to your favorite cocktail drinks.
Here's one of my favorite recipes that's easy to make!
- 1/2 lb red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 lb green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red radish
- 3/4 vegan mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons organic raw honey, more or less depending on taste
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup kombucha tea (any flavor will do, just pick a favorite)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix it all together, serve immediately, and enjoy the benefits of kombucha.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.