I love coffee. Though I prefer to drink it black, every now and then I like to have a frou-frou coffee drink — without all the sugar and calories in many of the drinks sold at popular coffee shops. In those cases, I have my French Press Mocha. Not only is it tasty, it has ingredients research suggests are beneficial to brain health: coconut, coffee, cocoa, and cinnamon.
Note: Use organic ingredients when possible.
- 10 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tbsp pure cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Stevia – sweeten to your liking
- Heat almond milk in a pan
- Put all ingredients into a French press and add heated almond milk
- Let steep for about two minutes
- After the coffee has steeped, use a slow and steady pressure to depress plunger
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.