7 Inspirational Quotes from Martha Stewart
I admire how Martha Stewart revolutionized an industry and made the art of entertaining beautiful, invigorating, and affordable. From launching a line of green cleaning products to raising her own chickens, Martha is committed to being environmentally responsible as well.
I recently re-read The Martha Rules: 10 Essentials for Achieving Success as You Start, Grow or Manage a Business, a book targeted to entrepreneurs. Martha's wisdom, however, is just as applicable for the students of life, seeking to identify their passions, bring out their creativity, and live better lives. Be inspired by 7 quotes from my entertaining and home-keeping guru's The Martha Rules:
1. "You should never accept when can be offered to you if you feel it can be improved."
2. "I try to seek out and surround myself with people who just percolate fresh, original, and creative ideas."
3. "Never make a big decision without sleeping on it."
4. "Getting over those unexpected hurdles may not be exactly enjoyable, but ultimately I believe that such challenges and the solutions we find give us more confidence.They teach us with common sense and determination we can turn what looks like a disaster into a triumph."
5. "I am always asking myself how I can improve the lives of my customers, my colleagues, my shareholders, my family and my friends."
6. "Once you realize that you have identified a passion, invest in yourself. Figure out what you need to know, what kind of experience and expertise you need to develop to do the things that youfeel in your heart you will enjoy and that will sustain you both mentally and economically."
7. "When faced with a difficult challenge, remember the tools from Chapter 3 -- the telescope, the wide-angle lens, and the microscope."