As a former litigator, I could easily make a case against sugar, but would the argument win over many?
You be the Jury:
1. Sugar spikes insulin levels, and repeatedly eaten, will induce a pre-diabetic state.
2. Sugar contains no fat calories, yet it causes excess calories to be stored as fat.
3. Sugar causes inflammation, and inflammatory diseases (including arthritis, fibromyalgia, colitis, Alzheimer's, diverticulitis, some forms of cancer, dermatitis, aherosclerosis, Chron's Disease) are on the rise in the U.S.
4. Sugar causes attention deficit issues.
5. Sugar contributes to mood swings.
6. Sugar weakens our immune systems.
7. Sugar stresses our cells, and depletes them of vital nutrients.
I. Pop quiz: Which of these items is considered added sugars?