The Best $3 You’ll Ever Spend
There's nothing better than a steamy, relaxing soak in winter. After a long, stressful day and it's cold out. Your muscles are tense from a long day at work. So take 20 minutes to just soak in a hot bath with a few cups of Epsom to feel better.
Here are some therapeutic effects of Epsom salts:
- Eases stress by replenishing magnesium in the body. Magnesium helps produce serotonin, a mood elevating chemical.
- Flushes out toxins and heavy metals. Pour 2 cups into your bath every week and soak for just ten minutes.
- Relieves cold symptoms
- Relaxes muscles and reduces inflammation: relieves pain and headaches, relieves asthma, and treats bruises and sprains.
- Prevents hardening of the arteries.Thus, helps to prevent heart disease.
- Makes insulin more effective by balancing magnesium and sulfate levels.
- Epsom salts can also be taken internally with some water for constipation. (I have to warn you about the taste! But if you're prone to constipation, it can really help.)
If you're looking to do a gall bladder cleanse, here's one recipe
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
- Limes, Lemons or Grapefruit - 4 oz fresh juice
- Epsom salt - 4 tablespoons
So go ahead and splurge on a $3 container of Epsom salts. You deserve it and your body will thank you.
Ready to learn more about what anxiety, brain health, and your diet all have in common? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Dr. Mark Hyman.