- Taking vitamins C, E, zinc and selenium encourages the healing of soft tissues.
- Your homeopath has a whole slue of remedies to choose from for tendonitis and they can help find one that is specific to your needs.
- Vinegar and black pepper added to olive oil can be rubbed on the area to improve circulation and astringe the muscles to stop them rubbing up against the tendons causing pain.
- Try cooking with celery seeds and turmeric more often, or even taking them as a supplement 3 times a day, as they are anti inflammatory. Turmeric is a great topical in oil form too. Ask your herbalist to prepare some for you, or maybe they have a prepared form you can take home.
- A compress made of slippery elm, rosemary and cayenne pepper is good to heal, improve circulation and un inflame too. (To make a compress, simply cut a small square of white cotton, place the ingredients in the middle and tie the corners together. Soak the compress in warm water for a few minutes and press onto the painful area.)
- Bromelain is a natural anti-inflammatory enzyme that you could ask your doctor about adding to your supplement regime.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com