11 Of The Easiest, Lightest Snacks You Could Possibly Prepare
The holidays are here, which means kids and family galore!
Kids are out of school for a week or two, and family are visiting for the next few weeks.
So what's a good way to keep everyone happy with high energy, without having to stress?
Having healthy, readily available snacks prepared and ready to go will help you enjoy your visitors and be able to relax.
Here are a few snack options that are all easy to prepare, under 150 calories, and will store well.
These snacks are full of vitamins, minerals, protein, and nutrients to help keep you and your family going!
- 1 medium apple with ½ TBSP of peanut butter
- Rice cakes
- Carrots, celery, or cucumbers served with 1 TBSP of hummus
- Homemade smoothies
- Dried fruit like apples, apricots, bananas, blueberries, pineapple, etc.
- 4 ounces of edamame
- Homemade dips with veggies
- Sliced fresh fruit i.e. pineapple, strawberries, grapes, raspberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, etc.
- 3 cups of air popped popcorn
- 1 ounce of pretzels
- Pistachios (35 kernels)
This list of snacks can help you get through the holidays and the rest of the year.
I know that my kids love fresh, sliced fruit when they get home from school, along with having pretzels and air popped popcorn accessible. They like the convenience of grabbing on the go, especially when we're running around to different extracurricular activities during the day or have homework where they really need to stay focused.
Sometimes taking an hour a week preparing snacks and dinners for the week, can end up saving a lot more time during the week when you are in a hurry.