Seaweed is a superfood that is known to improve overall health and wellbeing. We can maximize our vitality if we include sea vegetables in our diets.
Here are some reasons to eat sea veggies:
1. Seaweed contains all essential amino acids- (vegan protein source!).
2. Seaweed contains a functional balance between omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
3. Seaweed is fat free and low-cal.
3. Seaweed contains virtually all the minerals found in the ocean.
4. Sea vegetables are an excellent source of Iodine and Vitamin K, a very good source of the B-vitamin
folate, and Magnesium, and a good source of Iron and Calcium, and the B-vitamins riboflavin and pantothenic acid.
5. Seaweed tastes delicious!
That said, the average seaweed salad at your Japanese restaurant could use a little boost. Most of them contain processed sugar, and some contain fish sauce, which is a no-no to the average vegan.
Hope you enjoy mine!
Re-vamped seaweed salad with greened-out ginger dressing