1. Melt mango butter on the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl pour in the sweet almond oil. Mix in the corn starch and add the fragrance oil, stir it all together.
3. Pour the corn starch mixture into the melted mango butter.
4. Wait until oils start to partially solidify then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved. This should only take a few minutes.
5. Place in clean, metal cosmetic tins and wrap it up with some twine and a bow, get creative.
*Not all essential oils are skin friendly or child friendly.
1. You can use what ever oils you wish, just make sure you keep the ratio 75% solid to 25% liquid.
2. The chilling step is crucial. If you don’t chill it properly, it won’t whip or stay whipped. About 20 minutes in the freezer usually does the trick for this batch. Make sure you scrape down the sides before mixing.
3. Since this recipe does not contain any water, it will not mold. You should keep in a cool place but it does not have to be refrigerated.
5. The body butter melts as it goes on and gets a little oily but absorbs beautifully, quickly and leaves your skin very soft.