Easy Raw Apple Pie!
This apple pie is a seasonal favorite. Try this out over the holidays or any time—because it’s that good.
Easy Raw Apple Pie
For the filling
- 8 medium apples
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (also known as mixed spice)
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups pecans or almonds
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
1. Divide the apples into two piles – one of 5 apples and one of 3 apples.
2. Peel, core and chop all the apples into rough chunks.
3. Place 5 of the chopped apples into a food processor and process until the apple is in small, chunky pieces. Remove and place in a large bowl.
4. Place the remaining 3 chopped apples into the food processor with the dates and spices. Process until it forms an apple sauce.
5. Mix the apple sauce with the chopped apples.
6. Place the nuts and dates for the crust into the food processor and process until sticky.
7. Spread the crust mixture into a pie/tart pan, using your fingers to press it down around the edges. Spoon the pie filling onto the crust and flatten with the back of a spoon or spatula. Chill.
8. Decorate the pie with a few more nuts, apple slices, some fresh berries or make some cashew cream for even more decadence
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.