9 Reasons You Need More Olives In Your Life
Holding an olive branch is an age-old symbol of peace, but did you know that olives themselves can calm and create peace in the nervous system?
I distinctly remember being told by my herbalist mother growing up that if I wanted long, lustrous hair, I needed to eat a ton of olives.
Well, that's not the only health benefit!
Here's what olives (and their cold, uncooked oil) can do for you!
- Taking a small amount of olive oil daily reduces the risk of heart disease by helping create a healthier balance of good cholesterol and bad cholesterol.
- It slows degeneration of the joints due to its being a healthy fat.
- Drinking a small amount of olive oil can aid in curing a hangover.
- Eating olives helps with constipation.
- You can rub a little olive oil on to your scalp to improve dandruff, and dry scalps.
- Use the oil topically on eczema and psoriasis reduces itching and encourages healing. It is chock full of vitamin E making it great for the skin.
- Olives and olive oil are both antioxidants so they can be used to prevent cancer and a plethora of other cellular diseases.
- Olive oil is fantastic at reducing the secretion of gastric juices so can help in many stomach disorders.
- It's a great, natural alternative to expensive skin care products.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.