- Taking a small amount of olive oil daily reduces the risk of heart disease by helping create a healthier balance of good cholesterol and bad cholesterol.
- It slows degeneration of the joints due to its being a healthy fat.
- Drinking a small amount of olive oil can aid in curing a hangover.
- Eating olives helps with constipation.
- You can rub a little olive oil on to your scalp to improve dandruff, and dry scalps.
- Use the oil topically on eczema and psoriasis reduces itching and encourages healing. It is chock full of vitamin E making it great for the skin.
- Olives and olive oil are both antioxidants so they can be used to prevent cancer and a plethora of other cellular diseases.
- Olive oil is fantastic at reducing the secretion of gastric juices so can help in many stomach disorders.
- It's a great, natural alternative to expensive skin care products.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com