20 Quotes to Get You Fired Up About Gratitude
Experts agree that actively practicing gratitude brings a wealth of mental, physical and social benefits. And all we need to do is consciously be prompted to be grateful.
Here are 20 of my favorite reminders to be thankful.
1. In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy. — Albert Clarke
2. Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. — John Milton
3. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. — Marcus Tullius Cicero
4. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. —Denis Waitley
5. Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. — Kahlil Gibran
6. Gratitude based on a faith that everything that happens or doesn’t happen in your life is for your own best interests. That we live in a purposeful universe. Life is always for you; it is never against you. It is a fact that blessings sometimes come wrapped in fear, pain, and tears. In choosing to practice unconditional gratitude you are choosing to trust the process, to honor your feelings and to place your faith in an outcome of inevitable grace. — William Holden, Be Happy
7. Joy is the simplest form of gratitude. — Karl Barth
8. What you focus on expands, and when you focus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it. Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life. — Oprah Winfrey
9. Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding. — Alice Walker
10. Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts. — Henri Frederic Amiel
11. What you truly acknowledge truly is yours. Invite your heart to be grateful and your thank you’s will be heard even when you don't use words. — Pavithra Mehta
12. We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. — Fredrick Koeing
13. Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.— Henry Ward Beecher
14. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.— Albert Einstein
15. Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts. — Alan Cohen
16. Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary. — Margaret Cousins
17. At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. — Albert Schweitzer
18. Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. — Brian Tracy
19. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. — Melody Beattie
20. Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. — Buddha
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.