6 Health Benefits of Pumpkins

If you haven’t noticed, pumpkin is everywhere. It feels like just about any place I look – my favorite cooking blogs, Starbucks, and even in my health food store – it’s there.

I love pumpkin. I'm one of those crazy people begging for it to come in more forms and added to more things at my local store.

But what’s with all the hype?

Why is everyone so obsessed with pumpkin?

Well, of course there’s something to be said for its velvety texture when cooked and pureed. This magical sauce can be added to just about anything, sweet or savory.

The other thing it obviously has going for it – it’s flavor. It tastes like the season that is surrounding us. Subtly sweet without any added sugar and, of course, a hue to match the leaves outside.

The other thing this squash has going for it?

It's amazing for you. While everyone has been getting all worked up over how wonderful it tastes in everything, I’ve been relishing this sweet vegetable all season for it’s nutritional qualities.

Let’s see what this "has-it-all" vegetable has to offer: 

1. Vitamin A

Promotes healthy eyes and boosts your immunity

2. Vitamin C

Protects against certain forms of cancer, helps fight free radicals, and improves immunity

3. Fiber

Keeps things moving through your digestion, aids in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, and helps regulate blood sugar levels

4. Magnesium

Helps keep bones and teeth healthy

5. Potassium & Zinc

Supports bone density, boosts the immune system, and promotes reproductive health

6. Beta-carotene

Helps protect against inflammation and works wonders for the skin

This delicious sweet vegetable can help keep your body in tip-top shape through the entire fall season. Load up on it at every chance you get: Add it to your morning oatmeal, make it into a smoothie, create a yummy chia seed pudding, or even stir into your favorite marinara sauce.

Make the most of this food trend while it’s hot and load up on all these amazing health benefits.

Enjoy!

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!