12 Ways Zinc Can Heal You

There are a few reasons why you should learn about the nutritional importance of zinc. First is that, if you're deficient in this incredible mineral, it leads to all sorts of physical and mental problems. Secondly, the benefits of having optimum levels of zinc are truly incredible.

When I wrote my article 11 Miraculous Ways Magnesium Heals your Mind and Body, some very intelligent people wrote me directly and asked, "What other minerals should I take?"

I thought, "Whoa! These people are sharp! Very bright!"

So I told them, "Zinc. Definitely zinc."

It's so essential that I wonder where to first begin explaining its incredible healing power...

Here are 12 reasons to maintain optimum zinc levels:

1. Zinc deficiency is associated with all kinds of mental disorders. 

Zinc deficiency is linked to a number of conditions including autism, schizophrenia, Attention Deficit Disorder, alcoholism, depression, and severe tension. Where conventional and alternative therapies have failed, zinc supplementation has often proven successful.

2. Zinc is good for digestion. 

People with zinc deficiency will generally suffer from digestive disturbances, especially difficulty digesting protein. This is because zinc is necessary for producing strong enough stomach acids. If the food isn't broken down properly, then nutrients in the food don't get absorbed into the body.

3. Zinc deficiency severely weakens the immune system. 

People who suffer from colds, cold sores, and infections particularly need zinc.

4. It's good for your skin.

People who suffer from acne, eczema, or psoriasis are probably deficient in zinc. It's so important for radiant beautiful skin.

5. Zinc is essential for memory. 

Optimal zinc levels can increase short term recall. Zinc deficiency can cause difficulty remembering places and faces.

6. Zinc is necessary for your sense of smell. 

As zinc levels in the body decrease, so does one's olfaction. Whereas optimum levels of zinc allows acuity of taste and smell.

7. Zinc is essential for weight loss. 

Zinc deficiency generally makes the body store excess fat.

8. Zinc is great for your sex life. 

It boost your sex drive. Impotence in men is often associated with zinc deficiency.

9. Zinc is a powerful antioxidant. 

It prevents fats from oxidizing. In addition, it's a constituent of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD).

10. Zinc works synergistically with other vitamins. 

It's needed for proper maintenance of vitamin E levels in the blood and aids in the absorption of vitamin A.

11. Low Zinc levels increase one's propensity toward diabetes. 

Zinc is a constituent of insulin.

12. Low Zinc is linked to hair loss.

It also causes fingernails to become thin, peel, and develop white spots.

To learn more about how to boost your zinc levels click here.

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!