3 Fierce Green Shoes

It’s official. You no longer have to sacrifice your social conscience for your shoe style. Whether your style is sporty spice, downtown chic, or sleek sophistication, I’ve captured three eco-savvy shoes that cover your footwear needs. I am thrilled that these fashionable, eco-savvy brands have infiltrated my closet and hope to help you navigate the world of eco-chic style.

1. Veja -
Jack Purcells. Stan Smiths. Keds. Adidas Sambas. You can now add the Vejas to the list of classic trainers. Launched in 2006, the original Veja model is inspired by the Brazilian volleyball shoes from the 1970’s. The Veja sneaks are made from organic cotton, which is grown by small producers in Brazil. The sole is made from Amazonian natural rubber. Ecological leather and organic tannins are used on the leather models. The Veja sneaks are perfect for walking to yoga, but hip enough to wear to your SoHo post-yoga brunch!

2. Melissa -
Looking for some sweet summer shoes that are also comfortable enough to wear to the office? Ballet flats are the perfect foundation piece to any wardrobe and you can choose from a fun color range in this stylish Melissa plastic silhouette. Offered in a range of glossy colors, Melissa shoes are non-toxic and made from recycled plastic. Starting in the $60-$70 range, you don’t have to choose between being a recessionista and an eco-fashionista!

3. Charmone
- Even the eco-groovy girl needs a little sophistication in her wardrobe. Look no farther then Charmone shoes to find some killer heels. The romantic satin ruffles on the "Cinnamon" heels (pictured, $179) are reminiscent of Pedro Garcia’s cult heel favorites. Charmone shoes use a high-quality Italian microfiber instead of leather, which are breathable and lightweight. Charmone also donates 5% of all products to charities that support women, the environment, and animals.

This post was written by Colleen Wachob

Explore More