Healthy Recipe: Kale & Avocado Salad
Kale is one of the hottest "superfoods" right now as it's loaded with nutrients (it has an "ANDI" score of 1000) and is absolutely delicious. With summer coming, this Kale & Avocado recipe from Whole Foods Market is the perfect answer for a light and delicious meal that you can prepare in just a few minutes. Most of the ingredients can be found in the produce section.
Approximately 4 servings
- 2 lbs chopped kale (make sure thick stem is removed and discarded)
- ½ lb red onion, diced
- ½ lb red bell pepper, diced
- 3 avocado
- 3 oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Mash the avocado pulp with the lemon juice, salt and pepper until well-combined and smooth. Alternatively, you can process together in a food processor.
- Combine the avocado lemon mixture with the vegetables. It is actually easiest to use your hands to ensure that the kale is well-coated with the avocado dressing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If you prefer a creamier texture, use more avocado.
For more delicious and healthy recipes, you can check out Whole Foods Market's Recipe Index
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.