5 Simple Steps to a More Youthful Glow

Desire a more radiant, youthful glow? Yes please! If you are anything like most gals (ans some gents) out there, you are on the hunt for glowing skin, free of blemishes and full of freshness. Here are a handful of tips to get you started!

1. Ditch the caffeine! I know it’s easier said than done, but if you can commit to cutting out the ol’ joe at least three times per week, you can maximize your freshness and get that dewy look back into your skin. Caffeine can be rather drying unless you are guzzling water while you are downing your morning joe. No need to cut it out completely, but save your skin (and your liver) the dry creek look, and grab yourself a fresh-pressed juice or some hot water with lemon on your way out the door.

2. Up your intake of leafy greens! Kale, spinach, Swiss chard and dandelion greens do wonders for your skin. They are hydrating and chock full of vitamins and minerals. Best of all, they are energizing greens that not only give you an added boost, but detoxify your insides for a cleaner, more vibrant you! Try substituting dark leafy greens for lettuce as a compliment to your daily protein. They’re richer in vitamins and minerals and have anti-inflammatory properties that do wonders for your skin.

3. Hydrate! Yes, I know… you’ve heard this time and time again, but getting enough H2O is the simplest, cleanest way to hydrate your cells and give you that refreshed look. Rather than relying on your daily moisturizer for that added plumpness, carry around your water bottle for some serious sipping. Hydrate from the inside out.

4. Berries, berries and more berries! Antioxidant central and oh so delicious! Do me a favor and add 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of blackberries, raspberries and blueberries mixed together to your morning routine or as an afternoon snack (with a handful of soaked almonds!). Berries are nutritious, delicious, and your skin just loves them! The blue color of the blueberry comes from its polyphenols which provide most of the antioxidant properties. Berries are loaded with trace minerals that are crucial for bone development while metabolizing proteins, carbs and fats. Don’t forget fiber which regulates your digestive system (your skin loves this!) and its ability to keep cholesterol at bay. Lastly, the vitamin C in berries is in its purest form, no jars needed. And, just a cup yields 25 percent of your daily value. Healthy gums and assistance in iron absorption is a bonus!

5. Move! A brisk walk, a light jog or some groovy dance moves will keep your skin blushy and beautiful! When you exercise, your skin begins to produce more of its natural oils that help skin look supple and healthy. While that can naturally moisturize skin, remember to cleanse your face gently as part of your skin care routine when you shower to prevent any breakouts. My new fave skincare line (that I just partnered with, woo hoo!) is SKIN. It’s entirely free of chemicals and parabens, organic and totally fabulous! Be good to your skin, and give your face the love that you give your insides.

Just as you set intentions for yourself, don’t forget your skin. A happy, more gorgeous you awaits…

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!