Men are more emotional than women? Really? According to a number of scientific studies, the answer is yes. There are many more surprises in this list compiled by LiveScience. Here's our summary/commentary:
10. More emotional, but only when they are aware of their feelings first.
9. More vulnerable to loneliness. Older men in particular.
8. Focused on solutions.
7. Hard-wired to check out women.
6. Must defend turf. Men are typically more likely to take action when threatened.
5. An unstable hierarchy can cause men considerable anxiety.
4. One-upmanship holds less appeal for older men. Instead, they pay more attention to relationships.
3. Months before becoming a father, the male brain goes through changes likely encouraging paternal behavior.
2. Daddy-playing (e.g. rough-housing, teasing) can help kids become more confident.
1. Men covet wedding bells, too.
Image is Grant Wood's "American Gothic"