What Do You Say YES to?
When you say NO to something, you are automatically saying YES to something else. In Tantric yogic philosophy we start with YES. It is our first choice as we open to what the moment offers us. Then, after taking a moment to reflect, we can say NO as a boundary to what is not life enhancing.
We embrace the universal truth that YES is active! As Paulo Coelho writes in The Alchemist, "There is only one way to learn, it's through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey." Yoga is learning to align with our intrinsic nature of goodness, as opposed to resisting or over controlling life by always saying NO. Harnessing the power of intention means being confident as you say YES. When you decide you are clear on what you say YES to, then everything is there to support you. As The Alchemist says, "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
Let's start by saying YES to a little quiz. Ask yourself:
- Are you conscious and alert to your YES choices?
- Do you say YES more than you say NO?
- What do you say YES to?
Now, let's make a personal YES list. Name the key things that give you strength and inspiration. Ask yourself if the things on this list support you in waking up each day with enthusiasm and passion to live your best life? Post copies of your “YES List” where you can see, and reference them everyday. Use this as a ritual to affirm and help manifest what you want more of in your life.
Here Is My YES List!
- Meditate at least 10 minutes every day, at night and in the morning. At night say the lovingkindness metta meditation; in the morning start with a gratitude meditation.
- Start my day quietly.
- Avoid email and facebook, twitter, pinterest as first thing I do in the morning.
- Practice yoga every day: four group classes per week and daily home practice.
- Spend time outside walking or running three days per week.
- Eat well for myself and at consistent times each day.
- Totally unplug from technology one day per week and one week per year.
- Go on a beach vacation each year.
- Go on a mountain vacation each year.
- After traveling for work or pleasure, take a day of rest before getting back into things.
- Celebrate myself and never again shrink, diminish or play small.
- Surround myself with mature, honest, loving people.
- Share more hugs.
- Sleep at least seven hours a night.
- Speak up for myself, and practice the Four Gates of Speech:
- Is it truthful?
- Is it necessary to say?
- Is it the appropriate time?
- Can it be said in a kind way?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.