Health Is Our Authentic Wealth: 7 Tips to Make Positive Lifestyle Changes
As humans, I believe we all have an innate desire to improve ourselves and to be the best version of ourselves that we can be. I believe this desire is a healthy one, as long we enjoy the process and love ourselves no matter where we are in life. Making positive lifestyle changes not only benefits you, but also your family and friends as well. When you are living in optimal health, you are stronger—happier—and this radiance inspires others to also take responsibility for their own health. Health is our authentic wealth. Are you ready to kick off a new nutrition and fitness regimen? Here are seven tips and tools to get real results and change your lifestyle for the better!
1. Attitude: The most important tool is your attitude. Set yourself up to win with a positive attitude. Also, adopt an attitude of gratitude; we have so much to be thankful for. Be thankful for the abundance of healthy food choices you have every day and for fresh water. Be thankful for your body and the ability to move with grace and ease. When you resonate with these thoughts, you will attract magic (and results) into your life.
2. Environment: Set up your environment. If you want to make a change in your life— whether it’s losing weight or eating healthy—you need to surround yourself with an atmosphere that is aligned with your goals. Stock your fridge with healthy foods, and remove all the processed foods from your cupboards, fridge and freezer. Buy a set of weights, yoga mat or an exercise machine, and clear a space that is dedicated to your workout program.
3. Dedication: Stick to the program! Try not to get discouraged or let others bring you down. Losing weight is not easy, and it doesn't happen overnight, but it WILL happen. You are making a lifestyle change; have comfort knowing you will soon be healthier than you’ve ever been.
4. Make Health a Habit: Losing weight isn’t just dieting or going to the gym once in a while. It’s a lifestyle change. You have to want to do it, and commit to it. Habits take 21 days to form. Get past the first two to four weeks of the change in diet and activity level; then you are home free.
5. Be Open: Don’t be afraid to try new foods, activities, and ways of thinking. There are tons of different kinds of organic fruits and vegetables, and healthy recipes; have fun and experiment. For your workouts, find something that you really enjoy doing; try new activities. When you love what you are doing, you are more likely to stick to it! Working out should never be boring and painfully repetitive.
6. Discernment: Make every calorie count. If it’s not going to benefit you by nourishing you, then don’t eat it!
7. Support: Surround yourself with people who encourage and believe in you; this is the key to success in all aspects of your life.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.