5 Healthy Habits You Should Start Today

Last month, I was working with a lady who told me that she had tried everything to transform her health but had still not found the 'elixir of vibrancy' that she had been looking for.

She had explored many different paths, none of which had resulted in any lasting results. She felt tired and overwhelmed with all the different options and was ready for a breakthrough...

In the course of our conversation, I mentioned that the one thing that was going to make all the difference, was if she started turning her 'healthy actions' into 'healthy habits'...

I said that taking 'healthy actions' was great but unless she could transform them into 'healthy habits' then her results would always be fleeting.

When I shared this, I could see the 'light bulb' being turned. Inspired and intrigued, she asked me for some healthy habits that she could start to develop that would make a big difference. I gave her a few to try out and I have been so inspired by her results  that I thought that you might like to start trying them out too...

Habit #1: Start your day with a glass of lemon water.

Start your day by drinking a big glass of water with lemon juice. This is a great way to help alkalise your body and has to be one of the easiest, yet most-effective habits you can cultivate to create radiant health.

After a night of ‘fasting’ drinking a glass of fresh lemon water is the perfect way to start your day. Additionally, drink plenty of filtered water throughout the day. It can help you to eradicate sickness including chronic disease, digestive issues, asthma, facial wrinkles and other ailments linked to dehydration.

Your body is comprised of approximately 70 percent water so it is important that you drink plenty of water to keep your cells healthy and smooth. Flushing your body with water is a very easy way to promote self-healing and can even aid natural detoxification.

Habit #2: Boost your micro-nutrient intake.

Weight gain, fatigue, food allergies, food addictions, anxiety and the symptoms from most chronic diseases can be tremendously helped with the addition of micro-nutrients in your diet. Micro-nutrients are a fancy name for vitamins and minerals. These are critical to your health as these are what fuel every single cell in your body. They are found high quantities in fresh vegetables and fruit.

So, how do you know if you might be deficient in micro-nutrients?

It is really simple. If you feel tired, need to lose weight or suffering with muscle aches, stiffness or sickness, this is a sure sign that you need to increase your daily intake of micronutrients. If possible, it is always recommended that you work alongside a qualified health practitioner.

If you simply want more energy and flexibility in your body try incorporating some of my favorite nutritional supplements:

• Vitamin C (buffered 1000 mg strength)
  • Vitamin B (100 mg strength, especially B12 for vegetarians),
  • Magnesium (Magnesium amino acid chelate or liquid colloidal magnesium)
  • Methylsulfonylmethane or MSM (organic sulfur in flakes or capsules)
  • Introducing a regular juicing routine is a very easy way to get more vitamins and minerals in your diet.

Habit #3: Increase your greens.

You may have heard that eating green foods is healthy for you but wondered how you can start to eat more of them. One of the best ways to increase your greens is to eat more green vegetables and powdered green super foods such as spirulina, wheatgrass or chlorella. An easy way to do this is each time you eat, aim for your plate/drink to be made up of at least 50 percent greens.

Here’s the simple way that I do this…

At breakfast make a green smoothie (or juice) with 50 percent fresh baby spinach or kale and 50 percent fruit, such as bananas, pear or pineapple and blend with water. For lunch, try lightly steaming your greens, then eat with a squeeze of fresh lemon and a dash of sea salt.

In summer time I like to make a lunchtime vegie wrap, using the outer green leaves, (instead of bread) and filling it with grated carrots, avocado, spinach and a simple creamy dressing made with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, tahini and sea salt. For snacks, dip celery sticks or cucumber in organic hummus and fresh pesto. For dinner eat lightly, enjoying soups or seasonal salads.

Habit #4: Eat more protein.

If you are eating a lot of processed foods (junk foods or deep fried foods) and/or suffering with food addictions, here is an easy way to feel great from within:

Start eating more high-quality and bio-absorbable protein.

Eating more protein is also a proven way to reduce sugar cravings, especially those mid-afternoon munchies. If you suffer with emotional highs and lows, then eating more protein can help to reduce this roller-coast feeling, making your feel stronger, more grounded and centred.

You can get high quality protein from organic, free-range animal sources and fish. If you are vegetarian consider supplementing your diet with a high potency super food powder such as chlorella or E3 Live (an amazing protein rich superfood). I can also highly recommend the Sun Warrior protein powder (chocolate is my favourite).

Habit #5: Do a regular liver detox.

Your liver is the biggest organ in your body and is approximately the size of a small football. It is a triangular shape and weighs about 3 pounds. It sits under your right rib cage. Your liver is so incredibly sophisticated that scientists have never been able to replicate it!

Your liver filters everything you eat, drink, think and feel. In our stressful and often highly toxic 21st century environment, your liver has a busy job! When your liver gets congested, everything backs up and cannot function optimally. An easy way to invite more health into your body and flow into your life is to do a liver detox.

A detox is something that you can do under the guidance of a skilled practitioner or research them online. There are many different types that you can choose from. Whatever detox you choose, I always recommend that you support your liver flush with a colonic (or if possible a program of 3-10 colonics).

An ideal time to do a regular detox is when the season’s change or you have come out the other side of a stressful transition or life change. When you do a detox you may experience some detox effects so always take this into consideration.

You Can Claim Back Your Health Today!

By implementing these simple, but powerful health-forming habits you can start to bring new energy and flow back into your life. Let this feeling transform you from within, so that you can start to create vibrant health.

As you bring more energy into your body, you will have the chance to open up to new and exciting possibilities in your life.

It is up to you to take responsibility for your body and put yourself firmly on the path to creating radical aliveness and vitality. It really is your birthright to look vibrant and feel healthy. When you start implementing these new habits into your life, be prepared for transformation.

Let this be your moment of inspiration. Start implementing these health-forming habits and claim back your health so that you can live an amazing life.

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!