4 Pillars of Eternal Motivation

Why do some people succeed in changing their habits, chasing their dreams while many others fail? Other things being equal, success in any endeavor ultimately depends on your ability to stay motivated, to carry on with your action plan day-in-day-out. Often, people have a plan and enough motivation to start, but somewhere between reaching the destination and filling the gas, they abandon their journey.

Today, I bring to you four principles of staying motivated so you may accomplish your goals:

1. Be positive

Being positive is a matter of choice; it is seeing the glass half-full. Positivity does not mean that you hide in a cocoon and expect all good things to happen naturally. It means working relentlessly towards your goal regardless of what comes your way. It's about mental preparedness.

2. Be patient

Your habits were not formed overnight; you did not gain weight in a matter of days. Similarly, you cannot break old habits or change yourself just like that. Think of a sculptor. She keeps chiseling away, one blow at a time until a rock starts to look like a beautiful work of art.

3. Be persistent

Imagine digging a well to get water. Further envisage digging just ten feet and then giving up and trying a new place. One can keep doing that till the cows come home; there will be no water. You need to dig sixty feet at one place. Einstein once said, "It's not that I am smarter than others, it's just that I stay with problems longer."

4. Be disciplined

Discipline is simply about following your plan. Let's say you are feeling lazy and don't want to go to the gym. All you have to do is to not listen to your mind! Simply get up, and drive down to the gym. Being disciplined is not about being rigid but honest with yourself, with your own promises.

If you follow the principles above, you'll see positive results, and nothing motivates like success. As you see yourself inching towards your goal, you will no longer need to struggle for motivation. It'll automatically come from within.

Go on! surprise yourself. Take care of yourself, you deserve it.

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!