When was the last time you had a good, spontaneous deep-bellied laugh? Do you laugh when you’re feeling happy, and do feel happy when you laugh? Are you drawn to people with a good sense of humor? Laughing helps us to experience joy in the everyday and be present in the moment.
Here are five reasons why laughing is something you should do every day:
1. Laughing relieves tension. Laughter relaxes the muscles in the body and eases stress, anxiety and fear.
2. Laughing feels great. Laughing releases endorphins, the chemical in the body that makes you feel great.
3. Laughter brings us together. Sharing a good laugh with others is a wonderful way to bond and have a good time in social situations.
4. Laughter is healing. Laughter is an amazing source of both physical and emotional healing. Physically, laughter improves blood flow, deep breathing and boosts your immunity (not to mention, it strengthens those abs). Emotionally, finding the humor in even the most difficult things we face can be a powerful step to bringing some light into dark times.
5. Laughter is beautiful. Laughter attracts others who like to laugh. Plus, aging lines from laughter are beautiful markers of a life well-lived.
Of course, it’s easy to say, “Just laugh more!” But how do you laugh more? Here are some quick tips for how to bring more authentic laughter into your life: