15 Reasons Why You Should Try Restorative Yoga
Restorative yoga uses various props to allow people to stay in poses for a long time, without any discomfort, stress, strain, injury risk and pain. First developed within the school of B.K.S. Iyengar in India, this supported yoga requires props such as bolsters, blocks, blankets, belts, chairs, walls, benches, sand bags, etc. Compared to more dynamic yoga practices, restorative yoga requires more attention and receptiveness. It involves a different kind of muscular engagement.
If you have yet to try restorative yoga, here are some very good reasons to start:
1. Restorative yoga helps you reach an optimal alignment.
2. The beneficial effects of restorative yoga have the time to reach nerves and organs, including respiratory, circulatory and nervous systems.
3. Restorative yoga relaxes and regenerates both the body and the mind.
4. Restorative yoga improves flexibility without injury risk or pain if done with mindfulness, care and respect for the body.
5. Because restorative yoga relaxes the mind, it helps relieve anxiety. It is not the only form of yoga that allows that, but its results are faster compared to other practices.
6. Restorative yoga helps insomnia.
7. Restorative yoga develops patience, humbleness and the ability to focus.
8. Restorative yoga improves respiratory capacity and blood circulation.
9. Some restorative yoga poses can relieve pain in specific body areas, such as neck, lower back, hips, etc.
10. Restorative yoga allows you to increase self-awareness and offers opportunities for meditation.
11. Restorative yoga is a wonderful practice when you are physically, emotionally or mentally tired.
12. Everyone can do restorative yoga, including older people, as well as people with injuries or illnesses, as long as the practice is adapted and adjusted to their needs and limits.
13 Scientific studies have shown that restorative yoga can help people cope with serious illnesses, such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
14. You can do one or two restorative yoga poses at work or anywhere, for 10 to 15 minutes! This is enough to help you renew and go on with your week.
15. Restorative yoga is fun and a real treat! It’s like taking a staycation (vacation while staying in town)!
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.