Here are ten life changing tips inspired by quotes from His Holiness, the Dalai Lama:

1. Be grateful to be alive

"Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it."

2. Be kind

"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."

3. Work at being happy

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions."

4. Embrace life’s challenges 

"There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.' No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster."

5. Be optimistic

"Choose to be optimistic, it feels better."

6. Help others

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."

7. Be compassionate

"I believe compassion to be one of the few things we can practice that will bring immediate and long-term happiness to our lives."

8. Embrace setbacks

"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck."

9. Find strength from within

"When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways - either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength."

10. Don’t judge others

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost."

Explore More