6 Natural Beauty Tips to Look and Feel Good
Do you want to look and feel good? Well, here's how you can do so the natural way:
1. Ditch the “Toxic Offenders”
Come on, you know what’s really good for you and what’s downright awful. But did you know the no- so-good stuff will dramatically affect your appearance? It does! It goes without saying that a diet full of fruits & vegetables will add vibrancy to your skin. However, if you continue to eat the “toxic offenders,” you’ll never see full results. For the most even, toned, glowing and luminous skin (free of dry patches, uneven skin tone and puffiness), eliminate the following:
Wheat containing products, especially processed foods.
- Improves liver function. Sunlight aids the liver in toxin removal and a body free of toxins will not suffer premature aging.
- Balances hormones. Anyone with hormonal imbalances can attest to changes in their skin.
- Encourages circulation and stimulates the amount of red blood cells in the body, increasing the amount of oxygen.
- Adds a nice, healthy glow. Overly pale skin is typically associated with being ill or old.
3. Consume Enzyme Rich foods
Each one of us has a certain amount of enzymes. They are in essence the spark plugs of our body: the more we have, the better, and the less we have—not so good! The older we get, the less enzymes we have. What is open to debate is whether or not enzymes affect the aging process and how. What has been proven is that those eating an enzyme rich diet tend to delay the again process substantially. Eating foods devoid of enzymes forces our body to dip into our enzymes stores, and once the reserve is depleted, it can’t be refilled. By choosing naturally enzyme rich foods we eliminate the process and therefore delay aging. While all fruits and veggies are an excellent source of enzymes, for best results eat the following foods that are especially super high in enzymes:
- Cultured veggies
- Banana, papaya & pineapple
4. Let the Lymph Flow
The lymphatic system is the body’s pump that clears out toxins. A clogged lymph equals a toxic body and everyone knows that a toxic body will suffer from bad skin tone, acne, rashes and premature aging! Here are some surefire ways to get the lymph flowing:
- Dry skin brushing daily. Not only will this move the lymph but it also enhances circulation (and a great side effect of that is healthy and glowing skin) and combats dry skin.
- Jump on a rebounder. THE exercise that stimulates and clears the lymphatic system. Many report an extraordinary “side effect” of rebounding as TIGHTENED FACIAL SKIN!
- Hot water and lemon. This age old remedy is making a big comeback. Drinking this daily tonic will cleanse your lymph AND stimulate digestion.
5. Go Au Natural
Clean up your skincare! Many commercial/drugstore and department store products contain chemical ingredients that may make big promises but can hardly deliver. Toxic chemicals such as petroleum & glycerin actually clog the skin. Some products with added so-called vitamins actually use chemical vitamins. Why put fake vitamins on your skin if you don’t put them in your body? Chemicals and toxins from these products absorb into the bloodstream only adding to the body’s toxic load that we are trying to reduce! A body free of toxins doesn’t need fancy anti-aging products or concealers. Some great all natural skincare products to try are:
- Coconut oil. The wonder oil with a zillion benefits. Use as a deep conditioner, makeup/eye makeup remover, all over moisturizer – even as a deodorant!
- Grapeseed oil. High in antioxidants and rich in vitamins. Tones and tightens skin. Makes a great all over body oil for warm weather.
- Baking Soda. For home and personal use. Great as a toothpaste, deodorant, hair clarifier, “shampoo” and face scrub.
6. Maintain a Positive Attitude
You may be asking, “REALLY? That’s the best you can offer?” I’ll shout a resounding YES! We all have those people in our lives that are all about doom and gloom: Negative Nellies, Debbie Downers, Sad Sam’s. Do they look young and vibrant to you? In life, sometimes stress is inevitable and wreaks havoc on our appearance. I’m sure you’ve seen someone after a loss; whether it’s a job, a relationship or a sought after dream, the stress of a significant loss is usually written all over our faces. Stress is a powerful thing. However, sometimes people just get into a rut over not-so-major events and soon their attitude just turns for the worst and they see negativity in everything. That stress and negativity will wear a person down and age them very quickly. Put everything into perspective and if you’re healthy, have friends and family that care about you and a job (whether you like it or hate it, if you have one you’re lucky!), put a smile on your face and consider yourself blessed.