Since the age of 5, I knew I was destined for greatness. I knew that my purpose was far bigger than I could ever imagine. I knew because I felt it. I felt it in the depths of my soul. My assertion is that we are all destined for greatness. Somewhere down the road, we forget that. Somewhere down the road we lose our sense of Self. And so we go on an eternal search to find out who we are in this game called Life. While on our quest to find ourselves we inevitably go much farther than we need to get in touch with the answer.
Here are the 10 lessons I have learned along my journey that have allowed me to come to this place of standing in my power, in my genius, in my brilliance, and serving people each and every day.
1. Nothing can stop you from having what you want in your life; being who you want to be in your life; and doing what you want in life.
2. The company you keep will make or break how far you go in life. And by far, I am not referring to monetary success. I am talking about how far you expand as a human being, as a divine soul, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
3. Absolutely nothing can define you except YOU. God has blessed me with a lifelong condition called Bipolar Disorder. I have been deep in the trenches and have soared above and yes, it's a gift. For if I have had not experienced extreme pain, I would not be doing what I do and being who I am to serve humanity with the awareness that I do.
4. Only you, I repeat YOU can be responsible for the life that you lead.
5. Breakdowns occur. Life is not about preventing breakdowns. It is about how you respond to them.
6. Living a life of integrity, being your word, keeping your promises is the foundation that success is built upon.
7. If you are not willing to look inwards, really deep inwards and be willing to heal your pain and suffering, you will live a life of operating from pain and inflicting pain on others, and never truly experience true joy and peace.
8. No matter what has happened to you, what anyone has said to you, the most important relationship that you have is with yourself and your Source.
9. Love yourself like you love your God. Respect yourself like you respect your God. Honor yourself like you honor your God. Cherish yourself like you cherish your God. Treat yourself like you would treat your God. Because at the end of the day, you are the creator of your universe.
10. And last but not least, don’t let Self Help become Shelf Help. Whatever you are learning and whatever ah-has you are experiencing take action on it!
I truly hope that my lessons will help you to find your true sense of self and greatness. Share your thoughts below!