11 Common Food Types That Cause Bloating
Who here likes bloating? Not me! Here are some common foods that you might want to avoid:
1. Processed Foods - Translation: Try to avoid shopping in thee middle aisles of the grocery store.
2. Carbonated beverages, gum, and candy - yuck!
3. Artificial sweeteners
4. Some veggies to watch: Beans, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, lentils, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and collard greens, contain complex sugars and starches that are hard to break down. Eat your vegetables cooked or lightly steamed instead of raw which helps break down some of the fiber aiding digestion
5. Some fruits to watch: Bananas, apples, pears, and dried raisins
6. Wheat products
8. Dairy products
9. Frozen Dinners (look for low sodium varieties)
10. Sugar-Free Desserts that have sugar alcohol such as mannitol, maltitol, and sorbitol
11. Spicy Foods. Watch out for those seasoned with chili powder, garlic, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, and vinegar all stimulate the release of stomach acid which can cause irritation