10 Steps to Harness Your 'INFINITUDE'
Ralph Waldo Emerson, who is often considered the father of the modern American spirituality movement, was once asked what most impressed him. His answer: "The INFINITUDE of the individual.”
If you know a little more about him, you know that he meant that each person is capable of so much when they are spiritually connected and in line with their true path.
I believe that the famous quote by Marianne Williamson also speaks to the concept of INFINITUDE: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
I further relate INFINITUDE to the concept popularized in the book Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. 'Flow' is described as a state of being totally engaged and in touch with an activity, maximizing the use of our skills and abilities to the point that we are in a groove and the activity is performed at an optimal level. Ego is shed and we are often even oblivious to the passing of time. Playing jazz is often cited as an example
INFINITUDE implies that we can live our life in this flow, maximizing our happiness and most fully serving our dharma, destiny and spiritual DNA. But as Marianne Williamson clearly says, the human condition seems to fear and resist this state of being as too overwhelming. It may seem safer to maintain the status quo versus moving forward through what seems like the uncertainty of what we can really do.
Yet we see people who seemed to have found their INFINITUDE, blissfully doing exactly what they were intended to do with ease and flow and usually prospering from it. It is an obtainable Holy Grail.
Harnessing and capturing your INFINITUDE is work, much of it by trial and error. But when you do find it, you know it. Those who do achieve it often have wondrous stories of overcoming tremendous obstacles. And once obtained, it is a form of daily bliss.
The following steps may help in capturing and harnessing your INFINITUDE:
- Identify and release self limiting beliefs.
- Replace self limiting beliefs with positive affirmations.
- Meditate daily to keep the mind clear and open to self knowledge.
- Journal intuitions and thoughts on our true life’s purpose. We know what it is and we have received feedback regarding it, but tend to suppress or ignore it.
- Set a plan in writing to achieve your true life’s purpose.
- Say Nay to Naysayers.
- Build a positive support system and join communities relating to your heart’s desires.
- Identify and release fears and embrace uncertainty. Your path will unfold.
- Listen to your heart versus your head.
- When feeling instances of INFINITUDE, bask in it.
To INFINITUDE and beyond !!!
Establishing a regular meditation practice can drastically improve your health, and so can choosing the right foods. Ready to learn more about the power of food? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.