5 Ways to Attract Goodness
If we look for good, we will find good. If we look for bad, we will find bad. What we choose to focus our attention on grows stronger in our lives. Always.
Have you ever thought about how true this concept is when buying a car, starting a weight-loss program, or getting pregnant? Suddenly you happen to notice every car on the road, every new diet trend on the market, and every other pregnant woman or stroller walking down the street. That's because what we choose to see, we will always find. Even without really actively seeking it - and so how much more so when do.
If we choose to focus our energies and resources on the things that are not working for us, our problems, our weaknesses, our mistakes - then that is certainly what we will find and what we will start to see more of in our lives. But when we choose to accentuate our strengths, abilities, possibilities and our successes, then these positives expand and we begin to have many more wins show up in our lives. Always.
So if we always find what we are looking for, then how can we direct our eyes to seek out good in this lifetime?
1. Make a Gratitude List. Write down everything you are grateful for in your life. Keep this list visible, updated and detailed.
2. Create an accessible list of "chargers." These include things, places, people that inspire, ignite, motivate and elevate you. Make sure to integrate these into your personal schedule in the same way you account for your professional timetable.
3. Record the events in your life that you are most proud of. Ask yourself what values are present in those situations. Use those values as key elements in your daily activities as a priority guide of what truly matters to your happiness, self-worth and fulfillment.
4. During a challenge, ask yourself: what lesson could I potentially learn about myself and others from this experience that will grow me, change me for the better and strengthen me
5. Draw courage from your natural "superpower" of free-choice to actively choose to take meaning, positivity and good from everything that do.
Imagine all the beauty, miracles and wonders we could potentially miss out on if we don’t choose to find what is so often right in front of our very eyes.
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."